Monday, August 8, 2011

First Ultrasound!



Well i went to my first OBGYN appt today to get an ultrasound. Turns out i am only 5 weeks pregnant and NOT 12 weeks due to the fact that because of my endometriosis i ovulated way later than i should have after my last period. The endometriosis really screwed up my ovaries, so this isnt a big surprise.

My last period was May 13-17th but i apparently did not ovulate until several weeks (up to 2 months) later because of the difficulty my ovaries are having since my surgeries/the endometriosis itself. However, to my relief (and the doctors) it was not a tubal pregnancy.

Other than that everything is just fine and i go back in 3 weeks for another ultrasound to confirm my due date - which is now unknown at this point.


2 comments:

  1. Aww look at the little bean! Thats great that its not an ectopic pregnancy. Ive had one of those and with that there was a hard decision to make. But again im so happy for you that all is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I was pretty relieved it was not ectopic also. And now we have more time to prepare LOL

    ReplyDelete